If you’re interesting in sharing your marine science knowledge and love to write, please consider creating a post for Beach Chair Scientist. Here are some general guidelines to help you get started. Please email email@example.com to submit or for more information.
- Posts should stick to themes on marine science, environmental education, or ocean conservation.
- Posts must be able to relate and translate to the non-STEM general public and kids of all ages. Even if you want to feature an interesting article you read in a journal, the post does not need to go into every detail of the study (you can easily link to the article to get around that issue).
- Posts will be rejected in the overall tone is not ‘family friendly’. This is not to say that the content has to be written at a third grade level – but, this just isn’t the place for lewd jokes (e.g., inappropriate or abusive language) or overtly high opinions.
- Posts must be original content.
- Posts should not link sponsored paid articles or links, self promotional articles for your products or services, links solely for purpose of anchor text for keyword SEO, hidden information or misrepresentation of facts.
- An image must accompany the post. Image links must also be provided. You can learn more on image © here.
- I have the right to link to other related posts on Beach Chair Scientist and make suggestions to post (please don’t be offended).
- Please have fun and be creative in your content and title.
- Each post will state your name at the end. After three guest posts I’ll list of you a contributor with a brief biography and picture on the ‘About BCS’ page.